Friday, July 30, 2010

Things I Say To My Children That God Is Really Trying To Say To Me

  • Take a deep breath.
  • Clean up your mess.
  • Can you ask nicely?
  • What a bummer.
  • Look at me.
  • I know you don't like the taste of this, but it's for your own good.
  • I got you.
  • You're safe.
  • You can do it.
  • Keep trying.
  • We make rules because we love you and want you to be safe.
  • Sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do.
  • Keep your pants on, you're not gettng naked. (OK, not this one so much - just seeing if you're paying attention!)
  • Hang on with me.
  • Take a bite. You'll like it.
  • Give me a kiss and a hug.
  • That's too bad, there isn't a choice.
  • Be gentle.
  • No hitting.
  • It's not time to play, it's time to ______ (work, eat, sleep, etc.)
  • Excellent job, buddy!
  • What a sweet baby.
  • Shhh.
  • I love you.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

hey art, i found your blog on the jw site, I've been working with first graders this year and have thought along these lines a lot.